Reader David Truong messaged me this week to let me know he won a Blackberry Pearl 8210, thanks to an early Alt+Save post. Woo hoo! Congrats David!
Here’s some more for all you freebie junkies:
* You won’t have to worry about the digital-TV deadline if you win this contest. The ‘Rabbit Ears Pioneers” contest is giving away an entire home entertainment center, complete with an HDTV, Blu-ray disc DVD player and a surround-sound system. To enter, track down someone who watches TV with an old-fashioned rabbit-ears antenna. Snap a photo and send in a short essay (no more than 200 words) describing why this “pioneer” enjoys TV this way. More details HERE.
* Win a trip for two to the Beijing Olympics in AT&T’s How are you Connected? contest. You don’t even have to divulge how you are connected, but you need to give AT&T your phone number. Enter HERE by May 30.
* JetBlue Airways wants you to think green and maybe you’ll win a Prius! Second prize ain’t too shabby either: A Sharp Aquos HDTV with a Blu-ray DVD player and the 12-disc Green Planet DVD library. Enter HERE.
* Win a suite of software from Corel, valued at $1,500. This will take some effort though. Create a short video of yourself doing something nice to the planet. Upload it to YouTube and then submit your entry to Corel by going HERE. Deadline May 31.
* Get your house in a video game. Cities XL, a game coming out this year from game company Monte Cristo in Paris, will put your building in the game. Just shoot and submit a photo. If you win, the company will ask for more photos and then build a virtual model for the game. More details HERE.
* And don’t forget, the Register’s own contest to win a Nintendo Wii and the new Wii Fit. How many people are really going to enter this? Only if they hear about it and now you have. Take a chance: Enter HERE.
In other contest news, the handy Flip Video camcorder from Pure Digital Technologies recently announced winners of its Cannes a la Flip Short Film Competition. About 250 people entered using the pocket-sized camcorder to create 3-minute films. The grand-prize winner won $10,000! Watch the Flip Short Film fest at The Auteurs or FaceBook.