Most of us didn’t wait in line to buy the new 3G iPhone last week. And most of us still don’t own one. But if someone just handed you an iPhone for free, would you take it?
If so, you may want to enter these contests I tracked down from sites giving an iPhone away for free:
- LEAVE COMMENT: The Boy Genius Report: Win your choice of either a 16GB black or white iPhone by leaving a comment at “Win a 3G iPhone.” One comment per person and enter by this Sunday, July 20, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- SIGN UP: Register at the Stormwater, the journal for stormwater professionals, for a chance to win a 16 GB iPhone (or $500 for your favorite non-profit). Enter HERE by Sept. 30.
- REFER FRIENDS: Sign up and then tell your friends about ProjectLocker Lite, a tool to help groups manage projects. Just make sure that when friends sign up that they enter your e-mail address into the “Referral Source” field at the bottom of the page. The person with the most referrals by midnight Aug. 31 wins! Details HERE.
- SHOOT VIDEO: Submit a “MeToday” video at video-sharing site Viddler.com to win an iPhone on July 30. Details HERE. Don’t forget to read the rules, which the site emphasizes multiple times.
- SHARE E-MAILS: A slimy way to win an iPhone: Share the e-mails of three friends with CouponChief and you just may get your phone. Details HERE. The site is giving away iPhones every other day through September 1.
- PITCH IDEA: More challenging is the ‘Elevator Pitch’ contest by VenturePort.org. To win this phone, you’ll need to produce a 90-second video pitching a great business idea. Then upload it to YouTube and join VenturePort’s YouTube group (so far, only 8 members!). Then e-mail the company at firstname.lastname@example.org with “VenturePORT Elevator Pitch Contest” in the subject line. A few more rules are listed HERE. Contest ends Sept. 30, 2008. Bonus: All entries get a $5 Starbucks gift card. (Hmmm … is an iPhone worth publicizing your best business idea?)
If you have others, post in comments below and I’ll continue to keep an eye out.
Past 3G iPhone coverage for the bargain hunter: