Another blog interruptus: The all-things-Blizzard-Entertainment game fest BlizzCon returns this fall to the Anaheim Convention Center.
BlizzCon, which will be the Irvine game company’s fifth fan convention, is set for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 22 and 23, 2010.
The convention usually sells out within minutes because it’s one of the rare chances for fans of the company’s games — World of Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft — to get sneak peeks at coming games, meet the developers and snag some rare merchandise. Worldwide, some 11 million gamers play just World of Warcraft. The Blizzard franchise has been around since the early 1990s so it has a large and loyal fan base.
More details will be posted at blizzcon.com.
Here are stories from last year’s BlizzCon:
- Blizzard Entertainment in pictures and video
- “Diablo III” game director talks customization August 26, 2009
- Want a chance at a BlizzCon goody bag? Post soon, time’s running out August 26, 2009
- What Blizzard gets out of BlizzCon August 24, 2009
- Photo gallery: Noobz, noobz, noobz! August 24, 2009
- Cataclysm interview: Tom Chilton August 23, 2009
- The good and bad of being an official Blizzard fan site August 23, 2009
- Photos from Day 2 of BlizzCon 2009 August 23, 2009
- Hello Kitty spotted at BlizzCon August 22, 2009
- It ain’t a fan convention unless someone dresses up August 22, 2009
- BlizzCon cute couple alert August 22, 2009
- Details on WoW expansion: Cataclysm August 21, 2009
- Keynote: Azeroth to be reformed August 21, 2009
- Keynote: New “Diablo III” class unveiled August 21, 2009
- First scenes from the floor August 21, 2009
- Waiting for BlizzCon to open August 21, 2009
- First photos from BlizzCon 2009 August 21, 2009