The cell sites should improve wireless coverage for 3G phone users indoors and out. In Orange County, the new sites are near these intersections:
- Anaheim: Near the intersection of Stage Coach Road and Nohl Ranch Road
- Anaheim: Near the intersection of W. Lincoln Ave. and N. Gilbert St.
- Anaheim: Near the intersection of Gene Autry Way and State College Blvd.
- Placentia: Near the intersection of S. Fee Ana Street and Orangethorpe Ave.
- Santa Ana: Near the intersection of Newport Blvd. and Rockhurst Ave.
- Garden Grove: Near the intersection of Garden Grove Blvd. and Magnolia St.
Does this affect you? Comment below and tell AT&T if these areas are really better, or tell them what intersection to hit next.
Nationwide, AT&T has been upgrading cell sites everywhere to get ready for even faster Internet, called High-Speed Packet Access or HSPA 7.2. The faster speeds are scheduled to begin later this year and next year.
Other Southern California cities included in the batch of new 3G cell sites include the following: Los Angeles, Ontario, Glendale, Santa Fe Springs, Calabasas, Northridge, Corona, Rialto, Redlands, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield and Oxnard.
More on cell coverage in Orange County: